- Time Magazine’s People of the Year were Enron and WorldCom’s respective whistleblowers. Business will never be the same again.
- The country was slowly recovering from the 9/11 attacks only one year earlier. The world will never be the same again.
- On television, a new show named "American Idol" premiered
- Best movie – Chicago
- Also in the theatres – SpiderMan, Signs, My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- A Super Bowl ad cost $1.9 million
- Baseball Great Ted Williams had his head frozen
- Latest expression "What Happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"
- Top of the Charts – Hot in Here by Nellie, U Got it Bad by Usher
- Also on TV – Joe Millionaire, ER, Friends
- Apolo Ohno and Bode Miller are USA stars at the Winter Olympics
We hope you have enjoyed this series of periodic events over the years. As our firm has just completed its 80th tax season, we reflect on our past with an eye towards the future. We continually look for ways to continue to provide exceptional service to our clients. The next 80 years will undoubtedly be different than the last 80, but as, always, we remain Committed to your Success!
Jay Pease - Audit Partner and Firm Historian